Saturday, February 5, 2011

Catch up

Well, I woke up this morning and phoned my lovely wife.  To my surprise (sarcastically speaking) she was working out again.  It seems that every time I call she is in the middle of some type of work out.  Naturally, I took a glance into the mirror to try to talk myself into thinking I didn't need to work out either.  I was shocked to see that the 30's have taken a toll on my body!  So I marched into the kitchen where my Perfect Pull Up bar has spent a lonely life since I put it up and started pounding out some pull ups.


After 6 grueling pull ups, I puffed out my chest and tried to then convince myself that would be sufficient.  Common sense got the best of me, so I formulated a quick workout that included 2 minutes of jump rope, followed by 6 pull ups, followed by 15 reps of curls using my handy dandy resistance bands, and capped off by 20 pushups.  I did this 4 times, then called it quits for the day.



When I finished I went to the fridge for a thirst quencher, this is what I found!



Shockingly, my brain actually told me....."that looks like that will quench some thirst!"

Then, as I involuntarily started reaching for the ice cold nectar of the gods, common sense smacked me across the face and I replaced the ice cold nectar of the gods with the ice cold nectar of life.



As I started drinking the water I peered into my pantry.  This part is a tad embarrassing as I am a raw chef at a high end fully raw restaurant.  Here is the ugly truth happening at my lonely apartment.



As I began thinking about making some delicious "pork and bean nachos"  I had an epiphany.  What if I alloted a specific amount of time to commit to only drinking goodness and only eating goodness while fueling my body with a constant workout.

So that is what I will do.  Starting Feb. 10th, I will be eating only raw, living foods, working out at least 3 times a week, and blogging about my experience.

It would be helpful if I had some level of accountability from anyone reading this blog.  The blogging aspect of this experiment is mainly for that accountability issue.  I have attempted things like this before, but when something is written, it takes on more power.  Once I send this out to the interwide world web, I kind of have to follow through or I am a complete loser.

So, to my family and friends who decide to follow this, you will also be able to peer into my current situation that involves living 3 hours from my wife and trying to carve my place into a career I have a lot of passion in.  A very lonely but exciting time for me, and this family blog my lovely wife started will be a great place to get thoughts out.

Thanks Linz for creating this blog.

1 comment:

  1. I am loving this already...I somehow knew you (Seth) would put a twist on it somehow. This is genious tho (coming from the all-knowing blog queen myself) you will for sure have a ton of followers real soon!! By the way...your lovely wife and I spent HOURS on this last night...change the design and you die!! (=

    ReplyDelete